Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Wish (for) A Great Life Ahead

Today is a special day for me,
I wake up today with such a great smile; knowing that it is going to be a fine day,
Not only I have been blessed for still having the chance to experience Ramadhan again,
I have been blessed with a loving family, loving friend and also a loving special someone



Allow me to talk about the importance of having a great friend in your life,
"Friend in need is a friend indeed"

A version of this proverb was known by the 3rd century BC. Quintus Ennius wrote: 'Amicu certus in re incerta cernitur'. This translates from the Latin as 'a sure friend is known when in difficulty'.

The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations lists it as existing in English from the 11th century. The earliest version I can find is from Caxton's Sonnes of Aymon, 1489:

"It is sayd, that at the nede the frende is knowen."

The morality play Everyman also contains similar lines. The play's date is uncertain and scholars place it as 'late 15th century', which could be before Caxton's work:

Fellowship: Sir, I say as I will do in deed.
Everyman: Then be you a good friend at need;

In my search for a great friends, I happened to run into 'not-so-great' friends...
Well, Im telling you the above category is a lot
Seriously...
A Lot...

I have been blessed with 2 great friends,
We might not bitching about others 24hrs a day on the phone,
Or
we might not have the privilege to ber-coffee every now and then (thou I hate coffee, but I like the idea of ber-coffee)
But we know for sure that we are great to each other

On another slightly related matter,
Some said you just cant have it both,
A great friend and a great love
If you happen to have a great friends (you may not experience great love)

Well, I tend to disagree on this
Because to me...
"One great love can be one great friend"
and its works otherwise
Believe it or not your great friend can be your great love
and the love may not be in BF-GF form...
it can be great love in general

So, treasure your great love and your great friends
Because without them, you are nothing









2 comments:

liana said...

na...suke ngan entry nih...=)

mclarenna said...

yana: but its true kan? we met a lot of not-so-great friends along the way. Takpe, we learn from mistakes and lets treasure our friendship.
Hidup Yana

 

It's Me, Truly Me Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger