Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our Reception

I know this is an extreme late post. But I just received my pictures from the official photographers. Hehehe. Not their fault, but it was purely mine as we are a real


Move on.


Our reception was held at Dewan Perdana Felda on the 26th October 2011. (yah I know I know its like 4 months back. hehehe)

It was an odd date since the booking was done at an extremely ad hoc basis as we had to bring fwd the reception scheduled on 7 April 2012 to this date due to my late FIL condition. But Allah lebih menyayangi abah yang dikasihi...

Lets begin the story with the preparation bit. We booked Double Tree by Hilton, merely 5 minutes away from the hall to get ready. Registration was a little bit chaotic since we were late and the suite that I booked was not available as promised so we had to take the executive room and it is very small for us to get ready.

Imagine 5 photographers, 2 videographer, 2 pengapits, 2 make up person and the 2 of us cramped in the room.>

But I was still happy!



[look at my happy face]

[finally, I look pretty]

I was dolled up by Freda Santos, the famous MUA as recommended by KS Entourage. Initially I booked Kak Liza for the night but since Freda was already included in the deal so I had to let Kak Liza go. :( I love you kak liza (if you are ever reading this)

To sum up everything related to the night, the list as below:
Make up and hair : Freda Santos
Our Attire : Syahrir Nurdin
Our material : Jakel near Jalan TAR
Jewellery : Custom set by Ariff D Tanjung
Shoes : Custom shoes from Ariff D Tanjung
Photographer : danialhaikal studio
Videographer : CST Production
Bridemaids' Attire : Kebaya material from Pantas Batek, Kelantan. Tailoring was her own
Location, and catering : Dewan Perdana Felda
Invitation cards : Some card maker I forgot. It was done by Rizhan
Live Feed: Rizhan's friend
Kompang and gamelan: Rizhan's friend



[tonnes of accesories]






[on our way to the hall]


[he cant wait to go out. he was more nervous than me]



[walking towards the holding room to meet the VVIP]



[our beautiful pelamin by KS Entourage Sdn Bhd]

The concept and theme for the night was 'Classic Malay: Balairong Seri', the idea was thrown to us by KS (the Principal for KS Entourage) when we met him at Marriot Putrajaya when we were still in searching the hall mode.

I have to admit that the pelamin was beyond words. It was more than what I ever dream of it. Well, lets be honest here. I have never dream for a big wedding and never would have crossed my mind to have it at this scale.


[his hulubelalangs]

The entrance concept was a little bit difference as he walked in first with his hulubalang and walked in later with my dayangs and we meet at the pelamin which is supposed to be our balairong seri whatever. hahahaha...and believe me it was not my idea

The whole plan was his idea. We usually hear stories bout bride turning bridezilla making sure things goes according to their plan but this one is groomzilla

*sorry baby...hehehhee*




[that's me, walking alone a-la- catwalk kucing siam since the kain was so sempit i had to walk exactly like kucing siam]



[meeting up at the balairong seri la konon]



[mak kenik and aunty norlia as the emcees]



[memohon sembah memulakan majlis]



[my beautiful bridesmaid, ina]












[mama mwahh mwaah dgn hubby]



[the exciting silat scene]



[kengkonon sultan dan permaisuri]



We had 4 different types of speech that night. One from best friend, one from the brother who didnt make it for the wedding as he was in the U.S, one from the family and one from us (more like from rizhan since I looked like a total bimbo smile smile look pretty only. hehehehe)



[part 1: from best friend Aishah and Jamalee]

Part 1 was more like to introduce how we met. But since the real cupid has a stage fright so she outsourced it to Rizhan's best friend Aishah and she dragged Jamalee as well

I love Aishah's speech. It was one honest speech and a thoughtful one. Jamalee's speech was more like ceramah by ustaz



[part 3: from the families]

Mama, Uncle Jaafar and Ana were representing the family in thanking the guest for the night. Ouh ya, part 2 takde gambar. hhehehe.






[part 4: from rizhan]

Theres a reason why we gave out speech that night. It was to thank personally all abahs' friends who came from all over the world (literally) just to attend the wedding.

The guest invited for the night were from the list made by Abah personally before he was admitted to the hospital. On his way back from my house for the merisik, he wrote down every single name in his small black book and we feel that we must invite all these people to fulfill his wish.

The guest for the night came from Indonesia, Japan, Spore and even US to celebrate us and we feel extremely blessed to know that Abah had wonderful friends who always want to remember him by.






[rizhan and abah's best friend]




We also prepared one multimedia show that shows up abah's picture and it was beautifully presented along with 'Pergi' song sang by Rizhan's friend

It was a touching moment. Al-fatihah...

We miss you Abah



All in all it was a beautiful wedding and thank you to everyone involved. and thank you booTak for giving me one reception that I will always remember for the rest of my life

0 comments:

 

It's Me, Truly Me Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger