Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The 18hrs...

Okay,
Phewwww, I can breath now
Let me continue my story about my labour experience
Warning! Too much picture

The story began at 5.30am where my water broke
I was sleeping and I remembered I had a dream about giving birth
Little that I know that its actually for real

At first I thought I peed and wet my bed
Oh boy malu kot
But suddenly the water flows were very strong and it came out terlalu banyak
Then I told myself AMAGAAADD this is it

Woke booTak up and his first reaction
Relax...relax...relax (boleh la suruh relax cuba dia yang pregant)

I read that if your water leak/broke minimally you have around 3-4 hours to delay before going to the hospital
But this one was too much, even after I took my shower it was still flowing
My initial plan was to go mamak and eat maggi goreng (regret not doing it)
But since the flow was too heavy I decided straight to the hospital it is

But let me have some bagel first
and for the record, I cook my scrambled egg that morning
Hahahahhaha

Who can really eat at 6.00am in the morning

Reached the hospital and went straight to 4th floor, the labour room
Registered myself and went to the Labour Room 1




Baring first, no wire around my belly yet

Can still smile at the moment


My contraction was 4 minutes apart that time. I can still manage to tahan the pain but my back was killing me

And it kills me further when the midwife told me I was only 2cm dilated
Hoiii, lama lagi tu kot

Prior going to the labour room, Ive already decided that I want to take the epidural.
Yah, the chicken me
I am so scared of the labour pain Ive let it control and took over me
a friend of mine once told me
"Bungee jumping leh buat takkan beranak takut"
("you can do bungee jumping, dont tell me you are scared of labour pain")



was playing candy crush.

So my mind was occupied with 'when should I take the epidural?' thought
Ive heard friend's experience where they wanted epidural but it was too late as they were already dilated for more than 5cm and I sure as hell dont want that to happen to me

But we can only plan, the Almight above has other plan for me
Instead of too late to take epidural scenario, mine was epidural too early case

I took mine with empty stomach, when I was only 3 cm dilated and let me tell you it really prolong the wholeeee process
Migration between cm happened every 2-3 hours and I felt like giving bitch slap to the midwife whenever she said "ouh baru 4.5cm"
whats up with the .5cm?
Cant you just round it up?


My contraction after 8 hours I think

Ouh you might ask why took the epi with an empty stomach?
so let me just answer the imaginary question...
Lil adam's heartbeat was not in a very good pattern. It was okay circa 130-145 but the pattern was not 'pretty' as they described it
So i had to restrained myself from taking anything through my mouth in preparation for emergency c-section

One thought, c-section will definitely end this thing early and i could go back to the normal ward and sleep
Another thought, slow recovery, and whopping cost to be taken care of

I pray hard for it not to go through


Things I did best, sleep


So, with epi in me, empty stomach some more, at 5pm onwards I keep on vomiting the gastric juice. You see thats one of the cons of taking epi (which the anaes didnt tell me. cissness)
I vomited for about 6 times and of course I loss my energy but I keep some still and playing candy crush helps to ease my pain

Thank God for Candy Crush (ouh btw I killed 5 level while waiting for my labour. Ha cool or not)


At 8.30pm I was already 8cm dilated and the midwives all preparing the labour room for the delivery

BUT NOT YET

Hahahahaha


So we took picture first



At 10.30pm I was already 9.5cm dilated and the pain felt like I am going to die. Okay you may think I overreacted and exxagerated it
I swear to God I am not

The pain felt like somebody came to you and patahkan your pinggang
and it happened every 2 minutes
The epi certainly did not do its wonder to me anymore so the midwives asked me to take the laughing gas to help ease the pain

AND I WASNT LAUGHING!

They should call it sleeping gas cause I sure as hell felt sleepy and felt no energy to push

So, tick tock tick tock I was at 10cm at about 11pm
Yes I know the time because I will remember it for the rest of my life now and the giant clock was right smack in front of my face anyway

You know, when you didnt eat, you vomited so at 10cm dilation, you felt nothing
I tried to push and push
I know the midwives tipu me when they said I am doing great because i catch them laughing sesama mereka
CISSNESSSSSSS

So when the doctor arrived she suggested its either I vacuum or go for C Section
You have got to be kidding me
After 18hrs baru cakap nak suruh C Sect?
Then I somehow got some hidden energy inside me as if Ive just ate some power bar before marathon and I pushed like hell
I pushed hard until booTak hands almost patah when I grabbed it

At 11.45pm
This miracle happened



My angel Muhammad Adam Khaliff

I am so blessed that I am now a mother and I now realise the labour pain is no shit yo
Thank you Emak, I can never repay you for that (plus dulu dulu takde epidural, so I have no idea how she did it)

For anak anak di luar sana, hargailah ibu anda
For suami suami, hargailah isteri anda because Im pretty sure if its the other way around, you cant do it.



This was me after that. Tido ngaga and tak sedar diri


ADAM KHALIFF, Mummy loveeeeee youuuuu (i hope this blog will remain until my son besar so he can read it and know how awesome his mother was when giving birth to him)






0 comments:

 

It's Me, Truly Me Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger